Bisimoto Engineering is known for extracting awesome, reliable power out of production-grade, everyday powerplants, and the Bisimoto 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe is no exception, with 1,000 horsepower generated from a turbocharged Hyundai-factory-based 3.8-liter V6 engine.
The Bisimoto powertrain uses newly-designed internal parts, using the naturally-aspirated Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec engine as its core building block. The Bisimoto concept is designed for the reliability of a street car but with the outrageous power of a no-holds-barred racer.
“The key to producing reliable, high-horsepower engines goes well beyond the design, engineering and fabrication of performance parts. The core powerplant must be strong enough to withstand advanced modifications. The Genesis Coupe 3.8-liter Lambda engine is a thoroughly robust powerplant, and Bisimoto Engineering is excited to develop it to its full potential for the rigors of competitive motorsport,” said Bisi Ezerioha, owner of Bisimoto Engineering.
Complementing the extensive work underhood, Bisimoto created a custom Electric Blue paint, Denmatic design graphics package, ARK hood and Carbon Fiber decklid. From the rear view, a Burns stainless exhaust and Bisimoto rear badge round out the visual impact.
3.8-LITER LAMBDA ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
- Stock Hyundai Lambda 3.8-liter V6 engine
- Bisimoto-developed internal components:
- Steel connecting rods
- Intake gasket
- Level 2.4 camshafts
- Twin Bisimoto/Turbonetics BTX6462 turbochargers
- Godzilla blow-off valve
- Dual RG45 wastegate
- Arias forged pistons
- Golden Eagle sleeves
- WPC metal surface treatment
- Supertech valvetrain
- Vibrant VanJen clamps and stainless hardware
- Magnafuel 750 fuel pump
- ARP head, main, and wheel studs
- Portflow custom headwork
- AEM Infinity EMS
- Custom smart ignition coils
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Puröl Elite synthetic oil
- Spearco intercooler
- Griffin radiator
- Kinsler fuel filters
- Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman clutch
- Bisimoto roll cage
- Progress coilover suspension and anti-roll bars
- Drive Shaft Shop 5.9 Axles and driveshaft
- Incurve 20